Tuesday, September 23, 2008

E-Mail To Peter King

Here is an e-mail I sent to Peter King in hopes of getting the fatboys some love.


Mr. King-

Whether or not I agree with your analysis I always look forward to reading it, thanks for the late nights and long days.

A while back you asked for suggestions for this years column. I have a suggestion for your mid-year and final year awards.

One of the most important yet least discussed aspects of the NFL is the hand to hand battle the offensive lineman carry out play after play by. I believe the effectiveness of any offense begins with the play of an offensive line as a collective whole.

Ex. The Jets have Alana Fanneca but it was clear they did not play as a cohesive unit on Monday Night Football;.

I am wondering if you might consider including a top 5 offensive line unit ranking in your mid and year end awards. We hear talk about the great tackles, centers, and guards as individuals but I want to know which 5 guys playing together as a unit are the most dominant.


P.S. As a former high school and college lineman I have always wished they could work pancake blocks into the fantasy points as that would shift how many people watch a football game

No comments: